OUR TARGET TYPES OF TECHNOLOGY COMPANIES & ENTREPRENEURS
- Technical founders who need to build the business and go-to-market around their unique technology
- Long Incubated Start-Ups who have survived long enough to figure out how to finally create an overnight success
- Venture Orphans who got funding, but needed more help than their investors could provide
RECOGNIZING YOUR SITUATION
- You have persevered against all the naysayers, people who didn’t see it, and those who told you that you couldn’t do it
- You have gotten a lot of advice along the way – much of contradictory, less than useful, and maybe even survived despite the advice that you have gotten
- You still believe in what you are doing is a unique approach to solving a value problem for a hugely potential market.
- It may have taken you much longer to get traction than you would have liked or even imagined, but you know the traction that you have is a strong first step.
- You have concluded that you need the right type of help to take the business to the next level. This is probably the hardest for you as an entrepreneur as it involves trusting that someone won’t steer you wrong and wreck your baby.
OUR DEFINITION OF AN INVESTABLE COMPANY
- Value Proposition – market, disruption, customers, problem solved, unique value
- Monetization – how will the company make money, will the customers pay for it, how scalable is the model, how big is the market, how strong is the competition, barriers to entry/exit
- Deal – How clean? How attractive? How risky? Will I invest a nominal amount to lead the next round? Would I bring in others to fund the company?
- Adult Supervision – Do I trust? Do they trust? Can we collaborate? Do they listen to the experience? Do they execute on the advice?
- Execution Plan – How tangible, how big, how fast, & how scalable is the business & go-to-market plan? I want to see “build the plan, work the plan, & measure the plan.”
OUR BASIS FOR EVALUATING THE OPPORTUNITY
- We can understand it
- We can see the potential
- We see the problem you solve for customers
- We can sell it
- We can influence
- We can make a difference
- We can raise money for it
- We can make money from it
- Our relationships can make money from it
- We trust in & like You